Milk tea is a popular drink that you can easily make at home with just a few ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 2 black tea bags
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan or pot.
- Add the black tea bags to the water and let them steep for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add the sugar and vanilla extract (if using) to the tea.
- Add the milk to the pot and stir well.
- Cook the milk tea on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove the pot from the heat and strain the milk tea through a fine mesh strainer to remove any tea leaves.
- Serve the milk tea hot or cold, depending on your preference.
Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar and milk to your taste. You can also add boba or tapioca pearls to your milk tea for a fun and unique twist. Enjoy your homemade milk tea!