Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Here are some things you may want to prepare before the big day:
- Marriage license: Obtain a marriage license from your local government office or online. Make sure you know the requirements for obtaining a license, such as identification and any waiting periods.
- Venue: Book the venue for the ceremony and reception, and make sure you have a contract and a clear understanding of the rental terms and conditions.
- Vendors: Secure vendors for the wedding, such as caterers, photographers, florists, and DJs. Make sure to read reviews, compare prices, and confirm their availability on your wedding day.
- Wedding dress: Start shopping for your wedding dress early to allow enough time for fittings and alterations. Remember to also choose accessories and shoes that complement your dress.
- Wedding party: Choose and ask your wedding party to be part of your special day. This includes bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, and ring bearers.
- Invitations: Order or make your wedding invitations and mail them out at least six to eight weeks before the wedding day.
- Wedding website: Create a wedding website to provide guests with important information, such as the wedding itinerary, dress code, and registry details.
- Seating plan: Decide on the seating plan for the reception and create a seating chart.
- Music and entertainment: Plan the music and entertainment for the reception, such as hiring a band or DJ.
- Transportation: Arrange transportation for the wedding party and guests, such as limousines or shuttle buses.
Remember, planning a wedding can be stressful, so it’s important to stay organized and communicate with your partner to ensure everything runs smoothly on the big day. Good luck and enjoy your special day!